Monday, October 26, 2009

Brain Coral Tawashi

Due to all the clamoring (thanks for asking katie) and to make up for the My-phone-has-no-flash-but-is-otherwise-awesome picture here is my "pattern" such as it is.

Worsted weight cotton or acrylic if you want, that one ^ is cotton.

DP needles, a bunch of them around size 6 or so, whatever you're comfortable using with the yarn I'm not entirely sure all of my needles were the same size and I'm good with that, they worked.

Using your favorite circular cast on, I used a crochet hook (you need one of those for about a minute too) and made 9 single crochets in a circle, just because I like 9 and 6 was very small. I'd show you 6 but Elder Child has claimed it, not real sure why.

Anyway, cast on your stitches, get them onto your double points and commence knitting one in front and one in back in each and every stitch. Don't worry about where rounds start or end, the only concern is when you feel the need to add another needle to the mix. I started with the stitched divided on two with one to work on and at the end had 10 in there only because I couldn't find any more within arms reach that were even close in size.

Contine k1f & k1b until you're throughly sick of it and/or your brain coral is the size you think you want. Cast off. Collect all your needles, sew in your ends and you have a brain coral. It's decorative and useful, you can use it to scrub dishes or yourself.

I'd post a better picture but it's cloudy today and now that one has disappeared in the night. I hope it's at the bottom of my knitting bag and not creeping around the house some... ack!

1 comment: